Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fear Not!

You only have to turn on the news, read a newspaper or just walk through our neighborhoods and it is increasingly becoming a world that is against the principles of the Bible.  Looking at the attempt to regulate preachers in Texas to the beheadings in the Middle East being a Christian is increasingly becoming a dangerous thing.  As a Baptist and one who has studied the history of the protestant reformation this kind of persecution has happened before.  The truth is that the Church (the very Body of Jesus Christ) historically has been spread on the blood of the martyrs.  When we cry out to the Lord for Him to come back quickly we are ultimately asking for this kind of persecution to be ramped up.

I do not wish to be a doomsayer or to give a false prophecy.  My main feeling is that identifying ourselves with Christ MUST MEAN SOMETHING!  It has to be more than just sitting in a pew.  There was a time when a person committed themselves to Christ they knew that their life expectancy had just been reduced to less than 18 months.  Now we wonder if we can get a discount on our CafĂ© Latte’s at the local “Christian” coffee house.

With gunmen in Canada and craziness in Europe it is easy to be afraid. When times of trials and troubles come, when persecution begins people of God need to fall to their knees and pray. In Isaiah 41 the Lord has this to say:

“But as for you, Israel my servant, Jacob my chosen one, descended from Abraham my friend, I have called you back from the ends of the earth, saying, ‘You are my servant.’ For I have chosen you and will not throw you away. Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. “See, all your angry enemies lie there, confused and humiliated. Anyone who opposes you will die and come to nothing.”


Fear Not For He Is With Us, According To Paul We Are Adopted Into the Family Of Jacob! Rest Easy In Him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment